chiquilín de bachín

—El mundo es la suma del pasado y de lo que se desprendió de nosotros— Novalis

domingo, julio 16, 2006

Girls and Guys

I was early when I got there, so I just sat down on one of those leather couches right near the clock in the lobby and watched the girls. A lot of schools were home for vacation already, and there were about a million girls sitting and standing around waiting for their dates to show up. Girls with their legs crossed, girls with their legs not crossed, girls with terrific legs, girls with lousy legs, girls that looke like swell girls, girls that looked like they'd be bitches if you know them. It was really nice sightseeing, if you know what I mean. In a way, it was sort of depressing, too, because you kept wondering what the hell would happen to all of them. When they got out of school and college, I mean. You figured most of them would probably marry dopey guys. Guys that always talk about how many miles they get sore and childish as hell if you beat them at golf, or even just some stupid game like ping-pong. Guys that are very mean. Guys that never read books. Guys that are very boring. But I have to be very careful about that. I mean about calling certain guys bores. I don't understand boring guys. I really don't.

Jerome David Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Etiquetas:

5 Comments:

At 6:11 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

iba leyéndolo iba adivinándolo, no podía ser otro más que él... me espera un largo segundo cuatrimestre al lado de JD y sus distintas traducciones, saludos sureños con gusto a fresco. Marian

 
At 5:35 p. m., Blogger Unknown said...

When someone posts such an interesting quote from a book... And the rest of the blog is in Spanish- I sure wish I read Spanish!

Oh bother... ¡Las piernas de la rana y Tonterías!

 
At 7:51 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 9:37 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 4:29 a. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home